We are serious

Serious Publishing™ is a french publishing company established in 2010.



Filo Loco

All content on this site is copyrighted and/or trademarked, and all rights are reserved by the respective authors. Visuals and references are presented here as quotes under Fair Use for the purpose of scholarship, information or review.

4.7.08

Alain Dister - 1941-2008













Alain Dister passed away 2 days ago. He was just one of the greatest r'n'r photographer ever. He met and befriended, often before they became famous, the coolest bands and artists: The Cramps, The Ramones, Zappa, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Patti Smith, The Clash... He made portraits full of life and knew how to deal with personalities not so easy to deal with!
Above all (at least to me!), he was a real motorcycle enthusiast, riding his bike everyday (Triumph, BMW)! 4 years ago he translated into french the "Hells Angel" by Sonny Barger. It was at that time (being myself implicated into this work) that I met him. I had the great opportunity to spend some time with him and appreciate his friendship and ton of stories he had to tell!

1 comment:

Other / De l'autre said...

Hi! I have copy-pasted your page on Dister with your links: here.
Please tell me if you are OK.
If you don't agree I shall get it out.
Later
O.